LOCATION: MONTEVIDEO, URUGUAY
USE: OFFICES & CORPORATE
SCOPE: INTERNAL & FAÇADE LIGHTING DESIGN
This eclectic building with Baroque influences was built in 1888 by Italian architect Luigi Andreoni to house the headquarters of the English Bank. In 2002 the property was acquired by BBVA Bank and underwent a major renovation to cater to the necessities of a modern banking institution.
The internal lighting scheme was developed in two layers, functional and ornamental, to provide both the adequate lighting parameters as well as enhancing the elaborate internal architecture. All selected light fittings have a technical aesthetic to contrast with the detailing on walls, columns and ceilings.
The outdoor lighting arrangement focused on revealing the geometrical composition and modulation of the facade, by concentrating on the main architectural elements. The building is rendered beautifully in the nighttime, and becomes a landmark in the city’s old town.